Installing client using SCCM and ADM Template RRS feed

• Question

• Ok... there was anopther thread on my issue in the retired forum so posting it here.

I am trying to deploy the APP V client through SCCM and here are the issue I have.

1. I would prefer to use the setup using the quiet command line means I don't have to worry about the other bits that don't install using the msi. I set the commandline as per instructions but it fails in what seems a permissions error. I have a SCCM install account that is a domain admin.

2. Once I get the client on how do I set the default APPV server, I have done a manual install and am trying to use the ADM template to do this through a GPO, but there seems to be no settings in the ADM template to do this.

Would be nice if MS would have decent start to finish documention on APPV...seems to be hit and miss at the moment.

Suggestions.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:38 PM

Answers

• Just a note here for others finding this post due to a search.

If you are using SCCM R2 to install the App-V client to receive its virtual applications from SCCM you do not set a publication server.  You would configure the publication serever if you are only using the SC App-V Management Server to publish virtual apps.

The referenced post should help with the install arguments.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:06 PM

All replies

• Don't know about your permissions issue but there are several commandline options to setup the publishing server:
    • SWIPUBSVRDISPLAY
    • SWIPUBSVRTYPE
    • SWIPUBSVRHOST
    • SWIPUBSVRPORT
    • SWIPUBSVRPATH
    • SWIPUBSVRREFRESH
    I have several other informative App-V client deployment links here: http://www.softgridblog.com/?p=82

Regards,

Ment
    Sunday, October 26, 2008 10:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Just a note here for others finding this post due to a search.

If you are using SCCM R2 to install the App-V client to receive its virtual applications from SCCM you do not set a publication server.  You would configure the publication serever if you are only using the SC App-V Management Server to publish virtual apps.

The referenced post should help with the install arguments.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:06 PM