none
Project Server , resources and Masters RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

1. Our Organization work with Project Server. I can't pull resource report for all resources  from all the projects . Any help or ideas would be appreciate.
    2. In Our Project Servers, there a lot of projects, divided to 9 R&D teams - each team workplan is unique , with relevant access . 2 of the 9 teams have Master Projects, which gather all the team's projects. The projects been monitored and updated by the PMO. We started to have more and more common projects, which combine 2-3 teams for projects. The project's tasks are divided between the relevant R&D teams . Would it be possible to create R&D Master project which include all R&D's projects, which enable the PMO to manage and see from the entire picture ? If so, is there a limitation to set an individual project to more than one Master Project ?

Thanks

• Edited by bezer Tuesday, November 8, 2016 6:57 AM update
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 6:53 AM

All replies

• In terms of the resource report, have you tried selecting all the resources under PWA Resource Centre and then clicking on Resource Assignments?

I don't think that it is a good idea to use too many Master Projects with sub projects. The reason is that projects get 'checked out' when they are opened in the Master projects which makes it frustrating if someone wants to update an individual project.

In my opinion, it would be better for the PMO to see the entire picture via project server, as mentioned above.

Monday, March 6, 2017 1:08 PM