OFFICE 2010 with app-V licening problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hai all,

Situation: Windows 7 x64, app-v 4.6 sp1,

Files: MS Office 2010 Standard x86 NL, office deployment kit  and  Office2010AppVKit-x64.exe..

License : volume license key

Followed "Prescriptive Guidance for Sequencing Office 2010 in app-v Sp1" from Msoft support.

used : MAK activation with VAMT 2.0 : pidkey entered in the offvirt.msi as parameter. 

1. wants to registrate via the internet : error message - 0x80070032  .. can;t process your request try later..

2 tried without pid key and enter it manually : same problem...  

Cany anybody give me a solution I searched the internet for a couple of days now and still no solution found ??

regards Peter

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:38 AM

Answers

• The licensing command line needs to be run separately, use this command

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi PIDKEYS=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX USEROPERATIONS=1

Don't install the licensing and the proxies using the one command line

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Edited by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by pvds Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:17 PM
  • Hello,

I would re-read the section I suggested to you - you seem to misunderstand it.

I am now copy-n-pasting from the article;

1. Open a command prompt with administrative permissions. If the command prompt is launched without elevation and run the msiexec line below is run, an installation dialog will not be displayed and the installation will not be a success.

2. Browse to the directory that contains the Offvirt.msi.

3. At the command prompt, run the following command:

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi [licensing flags]

As you can see - there is a requirement to only have licensing-flags during the first run. I suggest you re-verify all your steps

/Znack
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

How did you install the Office Deployment Kit? (exactly how do the command-lines look)
    /Znack
    • Edited by znack Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:35 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Hai,

SEQUENCER CLIENT: 

First OPTION1:

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi ADDLOCAL=Click2runMapi,Click2runOWSSupp,Click2runWDS,OSpp,OSpp_Core,OSppWoW64

then tried OPTION2 with PIDKEY USEROPERATIONS=0    later tried with value 1

On the client:

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi ADDLOCAL=Click2runMapi,Click2runOWSSupp,Click2runWDS,OSpp,OSpp_Core,OSppWoW64

and

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi ADDDEFAULT=Click2runOneNoteProxy,Click2runOutlookProxies,Click2runWDSProxy,Click2runOWSSuppProxies PACKAGEGUID={3AE3798E-D881-4C4F-930C-551BFB493C22} PACKAGEVERSION=14.0.4750.1000 OUTLOOKNAME="Microsoft Outlook 2010" ONENOTENAME="Microsoft OneNote 2010" MAPISERVER="Microsoft Virtual Office Simple Mapi Proxy Server" VIRTUALSEARCHHOST="Search MAPI Protocol Handler Host" MLCFG32CPL="Windows Control Panel" OWSSUPPServer="Microsoft SharePoint Client Support Manager"

Greetz Peter

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:58 AM
  • Hello,

You need to install the licensing module on the client aswell
    /Znack
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Sorry, but where can i found this module. Never heard about it.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:06 AM
  • Hello,

You need to specify the PIDKEYS or the KMS.

See this article;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462

See chapter Prepare the Client Computer, and the subsection Install the Microsoft Office 2010 Deployment Kit

/Znack
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:09 AM
  • I tried it allready with the pidkeys like mentioned in this article.

I found a couple of articles about it. And tried several solutions given in those. and I can't get it solved.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:15 AM
  • Hello,

So the post above, is not what you did on the client? but instead you tried a different set of parameters? How did they look?
    /Znack
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:17 AM
  • On the client, run the following commands:

START /WAIT MSIEXEC /I OffVirt.msi PROPLUS=1

START /WAIT MSIEXEC /I OffVirt.msi ADDDEFAULT=Click2runOneNoteProxy,Click2runOutlookProxies,Click2runWDSProxy,Click2runOWSSuppProxies PACKAGEGUID="316493E4-444E-47D5-9E14-A95064F7CAE1" PACKAGEVERSION="2010-KMS-SFT" OUTLOOKNAME="Microsoft Outlook 2010" ONENOTENAME="Microsoft OneNote 2010" MAPISERVER="Microsoft Virtual Office Simple Mapi Proxy Server" VIRTUALSEARCHHOST="Search MAPI Protocol Handler Host" MLCFG32CPL="Virtual Mail Control Panel" OWSSUPPServer="Microsoft SharePoint Client Support Manager" 

Change PROPLUS to the version of Office that you are you deploying (e.g. STD, PRO etc). Change the PACKAGEVERSION to your version number and PACKAGEGUID to your package GUID

Then use VAMT to activate the machine using your MAK key

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:26 AM
  • It is one of the commands i tried: and also I did this;

On the sequencer client:

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi ADDLOCAL=Click2runMapi,Click2runOWSSupp,Click2runWDS,OSpp,OSpp_Core,OSppWoW64  PIDKEYS=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX USEROPERATIONS=1

ON THE CLIENT:

Used MAK;

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi ADDLOCAL=Click2runMapi,Click2runOWSSupp,Click2runWDS,OSpp,OSpp_Core,OSppWoW64  PIDKEYS=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX USEROPERATIONS=1

and the the proxies again;

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi ADDDEFAULT=Click2runOneNoteProxy,Click2runOutlookProxies,Click2runWDSProxy,Click2runOWSSuppProxies PACKAGEGUID={3AE3798E-D881-4C4F-930C-551BFB493C22} PACKAGEVERSION=14.0.4750.1000 OUTLOOKNAME="Microsoft Outlook 2010" ONENOTENAME="Microsoft OneNote 2010" MAPISERVER="Microsoft Virtual Office Simple Mapi Proxy Server" VIRTUALSEARCHHOST="Search MAPI Protocol Handler Host" MLCFG32CPL="Windows Control Panel" OWSSUPPServer="Microsoft SharePoint Client Support Manager"

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:30 AM
  • any idea znack ?
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:12 PM
  • The licensing command line needs to be run separately, use this command

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi PIDKEYS=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX USEROPERATIONS=1

Don't install the licensing and the proxies using the one command line

• Edited by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:18 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:17 PM
  • Hello,

I would re-read the section I suggested to you - you seem to misunderstand it.

I am now copy-n-pasting from the article;

1. Open a command prompt with administrative permissions. If the command prompt is launched without elevation and run the msiexec line below is run, an installation dialog will not be displayed and the installation will not be a success.

2. Browse to the directory that contains the Offvirt.msi.

3. At the command prompt, run the following command:

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi [licensing flags]

As you can see - there is a requirement to only have licensing-flags during the first run. I suggest you re-verify all your steps

/Znack
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:24 PM
  • Right, thanks znack. I'll do it again from the beginning. I let you know.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:39 PM
  • Thanks very much znack, it solved the problem.. just run it seperately... It was also not clear in the Msoft support article 2627274.

See here what is said for MAK activation;

The following is an example of a command line for MAK activation on a 64-bit App-V Sequencer:

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi ADDLOCAL=Click2runMapi,Click2runOWSSupp,Click2runWDS,OSpp,OSpp_Core,OSppWoW64  PIDKEYS=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX;YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY USEROPERATIONS=1

THIS WILL DEFINITELY NOT WORK

Thanks everybody for thinking with me!..

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:33 PM