none
Have to move Spool Queue Daily

Question

• On a daily basis I'm getting tickets logged.  Moving the Spool Queue to another folder fix's the issue until the next day.

Server is 2012 running multiple print queues.

Daily one section is reporting that they are unable to print.  When I create a new folder and redirect the Spool Queue printing resumes.  I cannot go back to the previous Spool folder otherwise printing locks up again.

Even though there are a number of different Queues, Printer drivers only this one section is affected.  There's nothing stuck in the folder, they appear empty and there's nothing in the logs that I can see.

Monday, June 04, 2018 11:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Any different configurations in this section?

Please follow the actions below:
    1 Locate Print Spooler service and check its status when it stucks.
    2 Try to run command net stop spooler command to stop Print Spooler and net start spooler to start Print Spooler service.
    3 Reinstall the printer driver.
    4 Disable your third-party antivirus / firewall for test.
    5 Try using a different Windows account.
    6 Perform an sfc scan
    sfc /scannow
    7 Disable Allow the service to interact with desktop option.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 3:01 AM
  • What does the PrintService / Admin and Operational logs have as the Win32 error when printing fails?

Should be event 372 in the / Admin logs or 842 on the Operational logs

Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 5:07 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 08, 2018 9:30 AM
  • Everything looks as it should on the server and PC side.  What is confusing is that when clients have printing issues it's only a small subset to a specific printer.
    Saturday, June 09, 2018 4:26 AM
  • Have checked the Admin Logs, there are no 372 Events and the Operational log is empty.  Unsure why I've just enabled it.  There has been a couple of us looking into the issue.
    Saturday, June 09, 2018 4:27 AM