none
Favorites frame disappears using YouTube in fullscreen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using Win8 with IE10 on the desktop, I place the "Favorites" frame on the left to keep them fulltime in IE, then I watch a youtube video from its website in fullscreen. You stop the video with ESC key or wait the end of the video : the "Favorites" frame is gone !?!?

Has somebody the same behavior ?

How to fix ?

Thanks.

Phil

P. Mermod :: Pensia Ltd - R&D - CTO :: www.pensia.com

• Edited by Alpicus Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:58 PM
    Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Phil,

Have you tried to reset the Internet Explorer settings to default to see how it works?

Also, I would like to share the following article for you:

Add to, view, and organize favorites

Internet Explorer in Windows 8

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your reply. I reset the settings but nothing changed...

Here is the procedure :

1. Launch IE10 from the desktop

2. Click on "Star" Favorites top-right button then on the green one "Pin Favorites Center" to display it on the left permanently

2. Go to Youtube

3. Select any video

4. Make it fullscreen

5. After some seconds, click "ESC" to stop the fullscreen mode : the Favorites panel on the left is one

If you close IE and restart it, the Favorites panel is displayed again.

Have you the same behavior ?

Thanks

Phil

P. Mermod :: Pensia Ltd - R&D - CTO :: www.pensia.com

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:29 PM
  • Will someone at Microsoft please tell us how to fix the problem you introduced with windows 8??
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 10:15 PM
  • Hi,

I can't reproduce the issue in IE11/Win7.

IE11 is the first version to implement the 'fullscreen' api... earlier versions used a workaround described in this article.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/dn265028(v=vs.85).aspx

the first step in troubleshooting web browser issues is to test in noAddons mode.. (close and re-open all IE windows for the full changes to take effect).

Google/Youtube use API's that addons can interface with to change outcomes... at youtube the YT object holds your video size, volume and media preferences.

You can submit feedback about IE11 to the IETeam at http://connect.microsoft.com/ie.

these are public forums... we do not work for nor represent MS.

Your local YOutube portal should be using Edge mode... you can test if they are browser sniffing by using the IE Developer tool to change the userAgent String.

Rob^_^

Monday, December 2, 2013 6:16 AM