none
Frequently i need to reset my internet connection using Windows Network Diagostic RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell processor Intel Core i5 4570 CPU 3.20Ghz, 8GB of memory, with Window 7 Ultimate 64bit Operating System running

Since I bought this second hand desktop I had experienced of this problem: Frequently I drop my internet connection and i have to reset my network adapter using Windows Network diagnostic. I've checked in my local area connection that I have Realtek PCI GBe Family Controller as Network

I think there's something wrong in my  network setting but I don't know what to do

Can you please help me to solve my problem

Thank you

Friday, September 21, 2018 5:39 PM

All replies

• Win network diagnostic isn't needed for such items..Open control-panel/networking/change adapter settings/allow only current adapter to be in service,others disable,exit.Open firewall/exceptions/edit/at min allow youre browser.Once thru,open internet options/settings/edit MB to use (Max out),then set all other tabs to default,clean up cookies/Temp internet files..Also,in run type: appwiz.cpl  in add/remove,open Win components,edit, .NET must be enabled,edit for others.After all,run Win update as Administrator (R.click on it)...
    Saturday, September 22, 2018 1:18 AM
  • Thank you for your answer        

I opened Control Panel/networking/change adapter setting and I have as Local Area Connection Network Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. This is the only adapter in service

I came back I opened windows firewall but I can't carry on because i haven't find /exceptions/edit.....

What is MB?

Sorry I need some more help..

( When Win Network Diagnostic repaired the connection it always report as problem that "The default Gateway is not available")

Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:15 AM
  • Hello,

According to your description and the error message you provided, few steps you could try to check.

1.If you have any security software such as McAfee, please disable or remove it temporarily to check.

2. Depending on the model of your machine, update your network driver from the manufacturer's official website.

3.Open Device Manager and locate your network adapter. Right click it and choose Properties>Power Management> uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

4.Open CMD command window, using the command below to reset ip.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip reset

Hope it could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 24, 2018 4:10 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, September 30, 2018 4:03 AM