Identifying Virtual Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to identify Virual Service which installed by apps ,in the Client Build, Also how to chk ODBC drivers which kept by apps.

ThanK U

Vignesh.R

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:33 AM

Answers

• This should be documented by you, your team or the vendor before you start sequencing or as a component of the documentation when an App-V package is created.

Otherwise look at the Virtual Services tab in the Sequencer when the package is opened. For ODBC entries, look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:45 AM

All replies

• This should be documented by you, your team or the vendor before you start sequencing or as a component of the documentation when an App-V package is created.

Otherwise look at the Virtual Services tab in the Sequencer when the package is opened. For ODBC entries, look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:45 AM
  • Hi,

I have to chk did the app-v pkg is adding the "service" as like source.plz figure out the way to

chk the virtual services.

Thank U

Vignesh.R

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:57 AM
  • Hello,

Did you verify the Virtual Services tab in the sequencer - as Aaron Parker suggested?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:08 PM
  •  Hi,

I have verifyed in the services tab of the sequencer, But is it possible to verify in client after deploying ,

In our physical machine we will be chking in "services.msc" ,Like wis is there any way to chk in the Virtual Environment.

Thank U

Vignesh.R

Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:34 AM