burn to disc cannot handle 2+ simultaneous optical drives etc. with send to (backups) RRS feed

• Question

• burn to disc cannot handle 2+ simultaneous optical drives etc. with send to (backups).

the existing win7 backup program seems to come and go, so I am required to use an alternative that stays. I prefer the ntbackup.exe except with some more features added like backup to optical disc and to multiple hard disks, support for lto7, blu-ray, etc. using existing drivers.

problem is, writing using "send to->burn to disc" cannot handle 2+ drives. reason being there is only 1 directory to handle the multitude of optical drives I have, and mid and full tower cases have more than

I do engineering and software sales/disrtibution, and I need to read one disc while I write another, usually not at the same time for safety, but sometimes I might. but I might read multiple usually, or write different files to different drives at the same time, but I don't know if the hard drive can handle that kind of bandwidth for 2 optical drives using 1 NAS hard disk (not in NAS, installed on SATA port).

with only 1 temporary directory, I cannot write to 2 discs at once, I end up with coasters.

it would be nice to assign writes TO each optical drive FROM a different hard disk for better bandwidth. for example:

optical drive d gets hard disk e, optical drive f gets hard disk g, optical drive h,j,k,l gets SSD i

Saturday, October 28, 2017 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It may be a function limitation of the tool and i'm sorry that the tool can't achieve your goal.

Also I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 30, 2017 9:52 AM