Outlook 2016 for Mac date searches out by one day Before March 11 2018( Daylight Savings day) RRS feed

• Question

• If you search for emails received on a specific day before march 11 2018 it returns the dates from the previous day.  So for example if you search for emails received on 2/22/2018  emails received on 2/21/2018 are displayed instead.  If you do the search after search March 11 2018 the correct emails are displayed.

This only appears to happen on the Mac Version of Outlook 2016

Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Philip,

Thank you for your reminder. I tested again in Outlook 2016 for Mac 16.12(180410)and get the same results as you.  Following is the screenshot.

Besides, I also tested it on Outlook 2016 for Mac 16.13(insider version) and this issue cannot be reproduced. It may be fixed in the new version. You could wait for the next version(16.13) or use Office insider.

Please refer to this article for more details.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by phillippe99 Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the detailed version of Outlook 2016 for Mac?

I tested this issue on Outlook 2016 for Mac (Version 16.11) and haven’t reproduced this issue here.

According to my research, Outlook for Mac relies on Spotlight Search to provide search results for Outlook data. In case there is something wrong with Spotlight Search, we could try rebuilding the Spotlight index to see the results. Please refer to this article.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Besides, we could also create a new profile to see if issue continues.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 20, 2018 2:55 AM
  • Hi Perry

Can you confirm how you are searching?  I'd send a screen shot but this interface won't allow me.  Basically you click Advanced search, choose "Date received" "on" and then tap in the date.  All current dates work back to march 11 2018 when you see dates from both march 11 & march 10 returned.  When you choose to search on March 10 2018 it returns dates from March 9 2018.

Friday, April 20, 2018 7:37 PM
  • Hi,

When I tested this issue here, I click the the search box on the toolbar and then choose Date Received > After. Set on a certain date shown as following. Is this the same as yours?

Have you tried rebuilding spotlight and a new profile? Does it work? If you cannot put the screenshot here, you can upload it to OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/) and then share the link here.

Please also collect detailed version of Outlook 2016 for Mac for further research. Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, April 23, 2018 1:09 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 1:07 AM
  • Hi Perry

Yes you are doing all the steps I was doing, but for the next step you are going to be date specific.

So the next step is to change the search date to 3/11/2018.  You will notice that the search returns emails from 3/11 AND 3/10.  Change the date to 3/10/2018 and the search returns 3/9/2018!

Please let us know what results you get.

Philip

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 24, 2018 2:46 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

I change the date to another day and correct search results still return here.

What's the detailed version of Outlook 2016 for Mac? If the above steps don't help, please also try upgrading to the newest version to see if there are any improvements.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, April 23, 2018 8:35 AM
  • Hi Perry

Ugh.....  I do appreciate you reaching out to help me but it would speed things up a lot if you actually read what I was asking you to test.  It is is not a matter of just "change the date to another day".  The issue is specific to daylight saving.  You MUST use the dates I described.

So the next step is to change the search date to 3/11/2018.  You will notice that the search returns emails from 3/11 AND 3/10.  Change the date to 3/10/2018 and the search returns 3/9/2018!

Please let us know what results you get.

Philip

Monday, April 23, 2018 11:54 AM
  • Hi Perry

Just confirming I have Version 16.12 of Outlook.  I have rebuilt spotlight and used the admin tool to fix searching to no avail.  I have tried this on multiple macs with Outlook 2016 and the behavior is repeatable on all.

Philip

Monday, April 23, 2018 12:52 PM
  • Hi Philip,

Thank you for your reminder. I tested again in Outlook 2016 for Mac 16.12(180410)and get the same results as you.  Following is the screenshot.

Besides, I also tested it on Outlook 2016 for Mac 16.13(insider version) and this issue cannot be reproduced. It may be fixed in the new version. You could wait for the next version(16.13) or use Office insider.

Please refer to this article for more details.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by phillippe99 Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 2:46 AM