Error when I use Sync-AppVPublishingServer command with Pool Virtual Machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I work with remote desktop service and two collection type (Pool Virtual Machine, Personnal Virtual Machine)

With the Personnal Virtual Machine, all work for the publishing app's. 

But with Pool Virtual Machine, I'm getting this error when I try this command (sync-appvpublishingserver) ;

sync-AppVPublishingServer : Application Virtualization Service failed to complete requested operation.
    Operation attempted: RefreshPublishingServer.

When I go to my publishing server with the URL http://mypubsrv:port, my XML file are good.

On the client, the log file is empty.

I'm using App V Client 5.2 with App-V Server 5.1

Thank's in advance.
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:23 PM

Answers

• The inbox App-V client is only included in the Enterprise version. You cannot install the App-V client on a Windows 10 v1607 Professional version.

Why not using the Enterprise version, you probably have SA for Windows?

From Technet:

If your organization is currently running App-V or UE-V on Windows 10 Professional or earlier and plan to upgrade to the Windows 10 Anniversary release, you will need to deploy the Enterprise edition to use App-V and UE-V on those devices. 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/appv/2016/07/05/app-v-and-ue-v-to-be-included-with-windows/

Monday, November 21, 2016 3:38 PM

All replies

• I'm using App V Client 5.2 with App-V Server 5.1

You mentioned a 5.2 Client. Are you running Server 2016 on those RDS Machines?

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Friday, November 18, 2016 6:06 AM
  • Thank's for your answer,

Yes, all my RDS server are in Windows 2016 Server Standard edition.

Friday, November 18, 2016 7:22 AM
  • Hi,,

I have some info about my problem.

I have test to publish some apps to a Windows 10 up to date (1607) and I got the same error.

So the pooled machine of my RDS infrastructure is not the problem..

All firewall is tuned off.

Any ideas ?

Thank's

• Edited by Sol-info Sunday, November 20, 2016 10:10 PM
    Sunday, November 20, 2016 10:10 PM
  • The cause of my error is Windows 10 Professional, you must install the Enterprise Edition.

It's not possible to work with Professional Edition ? So why App-V 5.2 is integrated in Windows 10 Pro 1607 ?

Thank's

Monday, November 21, 2016 3:16 PM
  • The inbox App-V client is only included in the Enterprise version. You cannot install the App-V client on a Windows 10 v1607 Professional version.

Why not using the Enterprise version, you probably have SA for Windows?

From Technet:

If your organization is currently running App-V or UE-V on Windows 10 Professional or earlier and plan to upgrade to the Windows 10 Anniversary release, you will need to deploy the Enterprise edition to use App-V and UE-V on those devices. 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/appv/2016/07/05/app-v-and-ue-v-to-be-included-with-windows/

Monday, November 21, 2016 3:38 PM