Error 2915 - Server 2008 R2 - SCVMM R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble adding a single host to SCVMM. Currently we have 4 other hosts properly connected. I get the following error message:

Error (2915)
    The WS-Management service cannot process the request. Object not found on the mdnjdqgxd2.xxxx server.
     (Unknown error (0x80338000))

Recommended Action
    Ensure that the agent is installed and running. If the error persists, reboot mdnjdqgxd2.xxxx and then try the operation again.

I have turned on tracing but the only error I get is:

[3536] 0DD0.185C::11/03-04:57:10.285#02:sanacceleratorminiprovider.cpp(1740)[0000000000128A: GetLUNIDFromFSPath: Caught exception. Returning error code 9

Which I have found elsewhere to be unrelated to my failure. I have followed many different tutorials regarding this issue (most which are aimed at R1).

Box SCVMMServer is hosting the SCVMM Server (you would never know :p) and I can connect to the offending box using the following command:

winrm invoke GetVersion wmi/root/scvmm/AgentManagement -r:http://mdnjdqgxd2:8085 @{}

I have open up all the permissions on the WMI nodes (virtualization, scvmm, scvmmAccelerator) in Computer Management.

Does anyone have any ideas? This has been plaguing me forever. I have reinstalled the Agent multiple times. The only error that is showing the scvmm admin console is that the connection status is: Not Responding. Everything else is green...

Thanks in advance,
    Adam
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Adam,

Sometimes problems with adding hosts can be very frustrating.  Does this problem occur when you try to add *any* host or just one specfic host?  The error 0x8033800 indicates that some resource could not be found. 

I would also recommend running the VMMCA against the VMM server and also the sever intended to become a managed host.  The VMMCA can be downloaded here:  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=02d83950-c03d-454e-803b-96d1c1d5be24&displaylang=en

Then download and install any hotfixes that the VMMCA identifies as missing from either server.  Then try to again add the host. 

Without more of the trace included here it is impossible to provide must help.  I'd be glad to take a look at the trace if you like.  Please include more in your next post.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 5:18 AM

All replies

• I was looking through the log and found where the error originates:

[3912] *** Carmine error was: HostAgentWSManObjectNotFound (2915); HR: 0x80338000
    [3912] *** mdnjdqgxd2.xxxxx** C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V\Builder\DevR2-0301.vhd **

The path specified does not exist. Is this the issue?

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 6:46 PM
  • I created an empty file by the name that Carmine was looking for. It seemed to move past the issue and now it is complaining about a vhd that does exist:

[3912] *** mdnjdqgxd2.xxxxx** E:\XPDev6\Virtual Hard Disks\XPDev6.vhd **
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:19 PM
  • Every time I refresh it complains about a different file that exists on another host but not the host I am currently targeting.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:53 PM
  • Hi Adam,

Sometimes problems with adding hosts can be very frustrating.  Does this problem occur when you try to add *any* host or just one specfic host?  The error 0x8033800 indicates that some resource could not be found. 

I would also recommend running the VMMCA against the VMM server and also the sever intended to become a managed host.  The VMMCA can be downloaded here:  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=02d83950-c03d-454e-803b-96d1c1d5be24&displaylang=en

Then download and install any hotfixes that the VMMCA identifies as missing from either server.  Then try to again add the host. 

Without more of the trace included here it is impossible to provide must help.  I'd be glad to take a look at the trace if you like.  Please include more in your next post.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 5:18 AM
  • Here is a shot in the dark.  I saw the (2915) error on one cluster member server after the motherboard was replaced and I forgot to go back in and enable virtualization in the BIOS.
    Monday, November 16, 2009 8:33 PM