Viewing outcome of Object Deletion Rule without applying RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have a setup with three MAs, SQLMA, FIMMA and ADMA. I want to create an object deletion rule that will delete metaverse objects of users who have been removed from the SQLMA. The system has been running for sometime now and presently there are 166 users to whom this should apply. However, in the interests of being thorough, I would like to be able to view the objects which will be deleted before applying any deletions- if I create my deletion rule, is there a way of viewing deletions before applying them?

Many thanks

Monday, October 28, 2013 3:15 PM

Answers

• Hello,

first you should have in mind that the object delete rule will not harm objects that are already disconnected from the SQL-MA, only the next object which will be disconnected from that MA will be deleted from the MV, current objects will remain and you have to clean up them manually, or reconnect and then disconnect them.

MV deletion will happen on the Sync, so there is only one way to check if that works like designed (and it will be, object delete is a quite simple function).

Check the Import History for disconnectors and do a Preview (Full/Delta) Sync on them, check this for some of the objects.

If you need this every time objects disconnects from SQL MA, then write a little script that checks Import History (use WMI on that) for deleted imports and verify the output, if everything is ok do the sync.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by FIM-EN Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:06 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hello,

first you should have in mind that the object delete rule will not harm objects that are already disconnected from the SQL-MA, only the next object which will be disconnected from that MA will be deleted from the MV, current objects will remain and you have to clean up them manually, or reconnect and then disconnect them.

MV deletion will happen on the Sync, so there is only one way to check if that works like designed (and it will be, object delete is a quite simple function).

Check the Import History for disconnectors and do a Preview (Full/Delta) Sync on them, check this for some of the objects.

If you need this every time objects disconnects from SQL MA, then write a little script that checks Import History (use WMI on that) for deleted imports and verify the output, if everything is ok do the sync.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by FIM-EN Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:06 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 3:30 PM
  • Answered all my questions in one and everything is now working as it should thanks for the prompt reply!
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:06 PM