KPI for each Child in a Dimension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm wanting to create a KPI for each Child in a Dimension and have that show up on the scorecard. The scenario is this:

In a Sales cube I have a Contract dimension which contains all of the business' current contracts. I want the PPS Scorecard to show ONE KPI for EACH Contract (Budget Vs Revenue) and am unsure how to do this (the Contracts dimension is a changing dimension so new contracts will be added periodically and I don't want to have to manually go and create a new KPI, I want it to just flow through).

So I want my scorecard to show the following (sorry for the crude drawing!!):

Contracts Overall:    O
        Contract 1:            O
        Contract 2:            O
        Another Contract:  O
        Etc...                   O

ProClarity has no troubles showing this kind of thing so I had thought that PPS would be able to do it as well...

Any help is greatly appreaciated
    Friday, November 14, 2008 3:55 AM

Answers

•  

Instead of dragging the dimension member over and selecting the members you can reference a named set.  Create a named set in the cube that returns the members of the dimension you are looking for:

CREATE SET  Contracts AS {[Contracts].[Contract].children};

You can remove members from this or exclude them as needed.  If you need to remove some use the Except function.

Like:

CREATE SET  Contracts AS Except({[Contracts].[Contract].children}, {<members to exclude>});

In your scorecard you will then reference the set.

Friday, November 14, 2008 9:25 PM

All replies

•  

Instead of dragging the dimension member over and selecting the members you can reference a named set.  Create a named set in the cube that returns the members of the dimension you are looking for:

CREATE SET  Contracts AS {[Contracts].[Contract].children};

You can remove members from this or exclude them as needed.  If you need to remove some use the Except function.

Like:

CREATE SET  Contracts AS Except({[Contracts].[Contract].children}, {<members to exclude>});

In your scorecard you will then reference the set.

Friday, November 14, 2008 9:25 PM
  • Thanks dan, I'll get to test this out later this week but it looks to be the solution I'm after. Much appreciated.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 10:18 PM