Sound doesent work after resuming from sleep! RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed that using my Realtek onboard HDAudio that it switches to headphones after resuming from sleep, the Realtek HD monitor also becomes nonfuntional, its blank with nothing there. A reboot will solve this but there is a bug in the way that windows reloads the drivers upon waking up or reinitiates the hardware.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:28 AM

Answers

• Found the problem since noone else has a clue: When I was plaing music and it went to sleep and then came out of sleep the open audio streem forced this error: "Error Creating Direct Sound Buffer Errorcode: 88780096" thats funny since that bug hasent been around since DirectX 2.XX .
    Friday, September 15, 2006 6:11 AM

All replies

• Anyone else have this problem? I still am with RC1.
    Thursday, September 14, 2006 6:32 AM
  • Found the problem since noone else has a clue: When I was plaing music and it went to sleep and then came out of sleep the open audio streem forced this error: "Error Creating Direct Sound Buffer Errorcode: 88780096" thats funny since that bug hasent been around since DirectX 2.XX .
    Friday, September 15, 2006 6:11 AM
  • I too have this problem on Vista RC1.  My motherboard is an Asus A8R-MVP with onboard "ADI AD1986A SoundMAX High Definition Audio, 6-channel CODEC". It has both analog and SPDIF, and I'm using analog for my speakers. I notice that after waking up from sleep the wake up sound plays, but as soon as I have full control of the system, the sound is no longer working and the Sound Control Panel reports that it's using SPDIF. Once I restart, the sound works again.

I also notice that I have a similar problem with my on-board network adapter. When I first installed Vista RC1, the networking was flaky through my Linksys router: Some websites loaded fine, but others timed out, and some (such as google) wouldn't load at all (in both FireFox and IE). I set up an http proxy on another computer on my LAN (squid), and when connecting through that I could browse all sites. I updated the driver for my network adapter and all networking was fixed. However, when I wake up from sleep, that old behaviour comes back.

Perhaps waking up from sleep prevents certain drivers from loading? The network adapter driver I installed wasn't WHQL-signed... could it be that waking up from sleep somehow triggers a rollback to only WHQL-signed drivers? (I think I installed a non-WHQL-signed driver for audio as well, but don't quite remember).

Anyway, it is rather annoying, and it's prevented me from sleeping the system as much as I would otherwise.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:51 AM
  • I have an Asus A8R-MVP, motherboard with an adi soundmax, and no mater what i have no sound, using the microsoft driver, that it automatically installed.  Which to me is the problem, so I have tried to find where to get a vista driver for my sound device, but as of yet have not found one.  I am using RC1, build 5600.

Mark Taylor

Sunday, September 24, 2006 7:36 PM
  •  

Sunday, July 20, 2008 9:57 PM
  • Surely you can get your drivers from the asus site?  I did
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 2:00 PM