none
Replica is Inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• DPM 2007 v2.0.8864.0 on 2008 R2 server.  Protected server is 2003 SP1.

DPM is scheduled to backup the SystemState of Server one and gets a Replica is Inconsistent error.  The DPM Alerts log has this detailed info.

The replica of SystemState on Server1 is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. (ID: 3163) DPM is unable to continue protection for data sources on the protected server oplw2k3.oshawalibrary.on.local since it has detected an incompatible filter installed on this server. (ID: 78)

I've checked to see if Wimfltr.sys is installed and it is not.  How can I find out what filter is causing the problem?  The Application Log on the protected server shows that the System State was successfully created and has no errors. 

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Morakon,

Dpm 2007 uses a volume filter and it looks like one of the filter driver on your protected server is incompatiable with Dpm's filter.

To know which filter is causing the problem, please send me the log file : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\Temp\DPMRACurr.errlog to arun dot m at microsoft dot com

Else, You can also look into this file using notepad and search for the string "is Incompatible", where you should find a trace:
    "The Service [filtername ] is Incompatible, as it belongs to ..."

In this case too, let us know what is the incompatible filter, so that we can verify that it is no longer an issue in DPM 2010.

Thanks,
    Arun

• Marked as answer by Morakon Friday, June 18, 2010 1:19 PM
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 6:36 AM