SteadyState v2.5 Beta cannot show Welcome Page RRS feed

• Question

• I have using Share computer Toolkit v1.1 before, but I found that it can't start the "Disk Protection" when I install in a new Windows XP PC. Then I try SteadyState v2.0, it work fine, but the logon slow problem can't be fix. Last time I try v2.5 Beta, but I found that the Welcome Page can't show, even thought I have set it in SteadyState. I try to set it in "User Account" page in Control Panel, but it said it was lock by other application, filename is "WSSGinahook.dll". After I uninstall the SteadyState, it have not lock anymore. I think the problem is from SteadyState v2.5 Beta, what can I do, can it be fix be registry, or any other way. Thank you for help.

Thursday, December 6, 2007 3:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Ricky,

Thanks for posting here!

This is a known issue of this beta version. You can refer to the following Readme File:

Windows SteadyState 2.5 Beta Readme File

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/2/F/E2F23589-E8E1-404F-9DAB-77F1CAE24153/ReadmeBeta.txt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.2 Welcome screen does not display on Windows XP

The Welcome screen is not supported with Windows SteadyState on shared computers running Windows XP.

WORKAROUND: To log on, press CTL+ALT+DELETE. Type your name and password, and then click OK.

Best Regards,

Friday, December 7, 2007 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Ricky,

Thanks for posting here!

This is a known issue of this beta version. You can refer to the following Readme File:

Windows SteadyState 2.5 Beta Readme File

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/2/F/E2F23589-E8E1-404F-9DAB-77F1CAE24153/ReadmeBeta.txt

2.2 Welcome screen does not display on Windows XP

The Welcome screen is not supported with Windows SteadyState on shared computers running Windows XP.

WORKAROUND: To log on, press CTL+ALT+DELETE. Type your name and password, and then click OK.

Best Regards,

Friday, December 7, 2007 4:01 AM
  • Thank you for your help.

I haven't read the whole readme file so miss it. I ask this question because I can see this option in the setting page, so I guess it can be work. Anyway, I hope this problem can be solve on the later version, thank you again

Friday, December 7, 2007 4:06 AM