Create a BDC from a list library MOSS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to use a list1 in list2 as a look up field but for some reason the lookup field from list1 only shows one drop down with all the columns and does not show all the columns to add them in the list2. Therefore I was thinking if I could create a bdc from list1 and then use the bdc it in list2.

In the below image shows what I am trying to explain that it only shows the drop down from teams library but then I can not choos the other columns, the look up should have Add in column choice also

Juan C Rivero Sharepoint Administrator juanrivero@regencycenters.com

• Edited by JUANCARLOSR Monday, November 4, 2013 12:13 PM
    Monday, November 4, 2013 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Juan, 

Based on description and other post, you want to create the SharePoint 2007 lookup type column similar to SharePoint 2010 lookup type column with assoated other columns, but SharePoint 2007 does't provide this type lookup column, you can create a custom lookup filed programmatically to implement similar function in SharePoint 2010.

http://pholpar.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/multiple-column-lookup-field-for-sharepoint/

Thanks,
    Daniel Yang
    Forum Support
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com. 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:48 AM
  • I tried that one already and it does not display teh data in the columns, from the drop down I choose the item that I need and after clicking ok it does not display anything

Juan C Rivero Sharepoint Administrator juanrivero@regencycenters.com

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:55 PM