none
UAG 2010 and internal card's MAC address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , if the UAG internal mac address starts with anything else than 00, your legacy Network Connector does NOT work. Update 2 is suppose to support this scenario:

• MAC address support—Forefront UAG Network Connector supports a wider range of network adapters with a larger valid MAC address range

In my case, after installing update 2, I could enable network Connector, but still it did not work. Xp clients could not connect to Full VPN, connection was immediately closed with error

SSL Network Tunneling session failed.
    Server not responding (0x80004005).

Only after I changed UAG internal mac address to start with 00,  XP clients can now connect with Full VPN, and connection seems to be working, but there are still some errors in application log with wholios.exe:

Faulting application name: whlios.exe, version: 4.0.1269.200, time stamp: 0x4c907519....

SSTP has been working well all the time.

Thanks,

oraAT

• Edited by oraat Monday, December 13, 2010 6:50 AM *
    Monday, December 13, 2010 6:47 AM

Answers

• If the UAG is behind a NAT device, like a firewall, this is probably the reason for the issue. Is that the case?
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:54 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:54 PM

All replies

• If the UAG is behind a NAT device, like a firewall, this is probably the reason for the issue. Is that the case?
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:54 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:54 PM
  • Hi, I had a premier case about this, and seems that this really is a bug.

My scenario is like you said, UAG is behind firewall, but as I changed internal legs mac address to start with 00, legacy full vpn works now.

So you mean it would work if used without additional firewall and then UAG internal legs mac address could begin with 4E  ?

Thanks,

oraAT

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:42 PM