Prohibit Sending Emails to Distribution Group at specific times RRS feed

• Question

• Hi team,

I have a request from my company to prohibit certain users from sending emails to Specific Distribution group at certain times.(12AM-7AM)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Sunday, December 22, 2013 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, there is no feature in Exchange server to directly meet your requirement: reject specific users sending emails to specific distribution group at specific times.

We can use transport rule in Exchange 2007 and later version to achieve Reject specific users sending emails to specific distribution group. Create a rule in Exchange EMC:

Apply rule to messages

from "UserA@domain.com" or "UserB@domain.com"

and sent to "GroupA@domain.com"

send "cannot send messages to this group" to sender with "5.7.1"

About schedule the transport rules, there is no feature in Exchange supporting it. I find an article about scheduling a transport rule by using task schedule in Server manager. Just for your reference:

http://alanhardisty.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/schedule-a-transport-rule-to-be-enabled-or-disabled-at-a-specific-time-of-day-day-of-the-week/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi team,

I have a request from my company to prohibit certain users from sending emails to Specific Distribution group at certain times.(12AM-7AM)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Sunday, December 22, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, there is no feature in Exchange server to directly meet your requirement: reject specific users sending emails to specific distribution group at specific times.

We can use transport rule in Exchange 2007 and later version to achieve Reject specific users sending emails to specific distribution group. Create a rule in Exchange EMC:

Apply rule to messages

from "UserA@domain.com" or "UserB@domain.com"

and sent to "GroupA@domain.com"

send "cannot send messages to this group" to sender with "5.7.1"

About schedule the transport rules, there is no feature in Exchange supporting it. I find an article about scheduling a transport rule by using task schedule in Server manager. Just for your reference:

http://alanhardisty.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/schedule-a-transport-rule-to-be-enabled-or-disabled-at-a-specific-time-of-day-day-of-the-week/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 10:59 AM
  • Thanks alot.Very much Appreciated...Will try it out..

Regards

Monday, December 23, 2013 11:16 AM