After Installing Update sound does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I did an update on my computer, and sound stopped working,
    windows media player, iTunes, everything stopped working except music from the internet, like purevolume, etc.

I emailed windows, or Microsoft and none of the solution worked, then a friend sent me this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/948481

I followed the steps, but accidentally deleted the sound on my computer, and now no sound works, and I don't know how to get it back, and I'm freaking out, now no sound will work what so ever

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 4:08 AM

Answers

• Hi

Your best strategy would be to contact the PC manufacturer.

They will have all of the information on what sound hardware is installed and the latest drivers for that sound device.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi

Your best strategy would be to contact the PC manufacturer.

They will have all of the information on what sound hardware is installed and the latest drivers for that sound device.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:24 AM
  •  

Hi,

Also, You can try to take the following steps to roll back the driver.

1. Open Control Panel, click the “Classic View” on the left side menu.

2. Double click the “Device Manger”.

3. Expand “Sound, video and game controllers”.

4. Right Click your audio device and select Properties.

5. Click the “Driver Tab”

6. Click the “Rollback Driver” button.

Does it work?

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:57 AM
  • The above ans was in 2008 so this is probably crazy but I have tried every fix on the internet, my computer is up to date everywhere and Flash is up to date as of today!  I do a system restore and every time my internet sounds are restored, as soon as Windows does an update it immediately destroys my internet sounds from YOU got MAIL to you tube.  I know it is windows update because I restored and all was fin at 12:45 am at 1:03 am a few minutes after Windows update I didn't have sounds anywhere except on my harddrive.
    Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:23 AM