none
Group policy to disable Shift+Delete on all windows 7 cleints

Question

• Hi,

On windows 2012 server with active directory.

we would like to have a policy which will not allow user to use shift+delete in any desktop.

purpose is to avoid accidently deletion of file from users (don't want to allow users to delete any file from a client machine)

Regards,

Lakshmikanth

• Moved by nzpcmad1 Monday, November 21, 2016 6:09 PM From ADFS
    Monday, November 21, 2016 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Lakshmikanth,
    As far as I know, it seems that there is no built-in method to disable Shift+Delete via group policy.
    And generally speaking, users usually delete a file with just pressing delete, instead of Shift+Delete.
    If you want to prevent users deleting files, I would suggest to adjust the permission of the files to read-only for users.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 25, 2016 8:05 AM
  • It is not that easy to disable just shift+delete.  If needed you can enable a "Kiosk" mode. But it will have many restrictions.

Also, review App Locker and its functionalities - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759117(v=ws.11).aspx

Santhosh Sivarajan | Houston, TX | www.sivarajan.com
    ITIL,MCITP,MCTS,MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),Network+,CCNA

My Books: | Windows Server Security | Windows Server 2012

Blogs | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook|

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, November 27, 2016 2:28 AM