none
ATI All-in-Wonder HD RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone successfully using the ATI All-in-Wonder HD card with Windows 7.  Graphics seem OK - but Media Center reports tuner hardware not detected.
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 3:12 AM

Answers

All replies

•  I have TV tuner AVERTV and the Media Center it also does not find out.
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:04 PM
  • you can download the mce master list here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=30e22722-a2bc-45a4-8f1a-f57503a9312d&displaylang=en

and see if your card is on it...if it is goto the manufacture and get the correct drivers and/or check their forums to see what others are doing and if it works...

Good Luck
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 7:28 PM
  • it's working fine here...any unknown device or drivers shown under 'device manger' ?

what my device manager looks like
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:17 PM
  • Is anyone successfully using the ATI All-in-Wonder HD card with Windows 7.  Graphics seem OK - but Media Center reports tuner hardware not detected.

according to ATI's website, they don't have a driver for the TV tuner yet.  

from their site:

"Note: ATI All-in-Wonder™ cards function with AMD Windows Vista-Ready display drivers in Windows 7. However there is currently no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for All-in-Wonder™ cards in Windows 7."

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-64bit

they need to get a beta soon...
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 11:02 PM
  • ATI All In Wonder HD worked fine with Windows Media Center in Vista 64 Ultimate but did not after a "clean" Windows 7 64 install.

Downloaded and installed 64 bit driver package version 8.612. Tuner still did not work.

Removed all ATI software.

Installed original ATI software drivers from disc that came with the card. (Sorry--don't know the exact version.)  Tuner worked but HDMI audio did not.

Installed ATI update recommended by Windows Update. HDMI audio kicked in. (All I have is an HDMI cable going to a 52" flat screen TV in the living room).

Reinstalled driver package 6.812--everything seems to work fine. (Of course, I had to go into WMC and do all the configuration of the tuner and whatnot...)

Bottom line--I got the tuner on the ATI All In Wonder HD to work under Windows 7 64 bit version using the steps above.
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 2:45 AM
  • Why driver 6.812? That seems to be really old.
    Isn't the latest driver 9.9 or something?

BTW, your post is extremely helpful.
    Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:32 AM
  • The only answer I have "is because it works". Whenever I've tried a newer version something doesn't work. As of now everything I need to work does what it's supposed to, so following the "if it ain't broke don't fix it rule" I'm sticking with what I have!

When I install the retail Win7 version I'll give loading the newest ATI All In Wonder HD driver a shot and see what happens.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:29 PM
  • After the windows 7 install it came up as a Radeon 3600 but it worked. I put the all in wonder HD driver in and it bombed out. It changes the refresh rate and when I correct it, it will work for a while and switch back to an incorrect refresh rate. It's a bit frustrating, I'm using an Mitsubishi 65 rear projection that only does 1080i.

Sunday, October 4, 2009 3:43 AM
  • UPDATE!

Under Win7 RC7100 my AIW HD Premium worked just fine with the stock drivers on the install DVD.
    When I updated to the final build of Win7 Pro x64, I lost the TV tuner, just like everyone else is saying.

The good news is that I got it working tonight, here's how:
    1- Updated to the newest driver from ATI (9.10 released 10/22/09)
    2- in Device Manager, found this device (NTativlm61) in Other Devices - says that the device isn't working, click on it and search for driver
    3- locate the driver here: (find your ATI folder, then) Packages\Drivers\WDM\AVS_RIO\LH64A\

I didn't need to reboot, just restarted WMC.

hope this helps someone else.
    P

I got most of this information on AVS Forums, here: www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1106968

UPDATE!
    Another unhappy update.

Well as of tonight (2/2/10) the latest ATI driver (10-1_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu) still does not work for me.
    I rolled back to the 9.10 driver and it's back to life again.

Has anyone else had luck with the 10-1 drivers?
       Is there anything really in the 10-1 drivers that are worth upgrading too or should I just stay with the 9.10 driver?
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:16 PM
  • Thanks for sharing this Paulie. 
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:19 PM
  • Thanks P... It seem to work
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 3:44 AM
  • Thank you very much Paulie worked perfectly :)

Surprising that one year later we still need to do this.
    Monday, January 18, 2010 5:49 AM
  • Neur0mancer,

Mine is still not functional because I did not find NTativlm61. ATI obviously wants to cut off support for this product and make us buy a new product.  I will buy a new video card and capture card. They will not be ATI.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 4:49 PM
  • HW issues are no fun Jerry.

Try removing all ATI drivers, maybe even run driver sweeper, and then reinstall the drivers.  Card works for me in Both Vista and Windows Mojave ... I mean 7 :)

Friday, February 5, 2010 4:59 PM
  • Jerry,
    Look under 'Sound, video and game controllers' for "ATI Unified AVStream Driver AIW"
    This is what "NTativlm61" becomes ones the drivers are updated.  Just click on it and update the driver using the one that I mentioned before. -OR- remove the device and scan again for hardware changes.

I had to do a clean install of Win7 x64 and it updated everything (used the ATI 10.x drivers), so I couldn't get any video in WMC.  MC would just lock up with that stupid waiting circle.
    I got mine back alive again, after removing the 10.x drivers and updating it using the 9.10 drivers.

I'm back to being a happy camper.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 10:06 PM
  • I will check once the kids are eating dinner and the HTPC is not being used. I am pretty sure I installed the 10.1 though, I was running 32bit windows as I utilize DXVA acceleration for media center.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 10:09 PM
  • as long as we're talking about new cards...
    Comcast has told me that they are cutting off the clear channels in a few weeks so I will have to get one of the plain boxes to plug the computer into (which I really don't want to do, I've got enough ____ plugged in already).

Has anyone found a good card that has the slot for a pass card (or whatever they are called) that works with Win7?
    Friday, February 5, 2010 10:09 PM
  • Paulie:
    From how you said that, it sounds like your local Comcast told you that they're transitioning their network to all-digital service.  Yes?
    If that's the case, my best recommendation would be to hold off on a purchase until the end of March.  At that time, Ceton is set to release their 4-stream CableCARD tuner (PCIe x1, low-profile compatible; $399.  Not a bad price, considering that it's 4 tuners on one board.)
    The talk from its beta-testing period has been good (over at thegreenbutton.com, we have a member who's been a Ceton beta tester since day 1), and they are looking to be on track for a March 31 release - they're just waiting on final certification from CableLabs, last I heard.

If you decide that's too long, or more than you want to spend, then I'd recommend a Hauppauge HVR-2250.  Good, solid, stable, and versatile dual-hybrid tuner; it's capable of accepting 2 A/V (S-video + analog audio) inputs (such as you'd need for an STB or two.)
    One point to make, though:  you can only get standard-def resolution (and stereo audio) in this config.  It's one more reason to consider a CableCARD tuner, as that will let you tune all of your subscribed channels - in HD, with 5.1 audio - with less total hardware (and attendant cabling.)

HTH,
    Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 4:36 AM
  • I had the same problem with the stock card that came with the HP Pavillion.  I worked fine until I ran Windows Update which loaded Net Framework 3.0. Then I started getting the same error that Media Center was not recornizing the TV Tuner.  I removed Framework 3.0 and went back to 2,0 and it works fine.

There is a fix around the Framework 3.0 problem but I have not had the opportunity to loaded.

Look in the direction between Net Framework 3.0 and the card.

Hope that helps.

Friday, April 2, 2010 4:40 AM
  • Yes, snapstream media "Beyond Tv" will detect the tuner and absolutely work.
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 11:36 PM
  • yes, and Beyond TV from snapstream will absolutely work no problem fo ALL-IN-Wonder-HD
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 11:39 PM
  • beyond tv
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 11:39 PM
  • I Had the same problem recently. But in addition to your excellent instructions above I have found that installing the latest driver from ATI which is to date 11.10 which is actually much better that the previous drivers works with the old NTatilm64 files as well, with no conflicts. I am a heavy gamer and using the older drivers to get back TV tuner functionality was not an option for me as this is why I am posting this addendum to your great solution. It appears that ATI is aware of some driver and software conflicts as well as wanting to simplify hardware profiles they allow you to download components seperately from their website to install but mislead you by saying that there may be some instabilty if you dont download them in the Catylst suite together. Hogwash as our success's are proof of this. I also noticed this to be true on another one of my systems with an amd ati cpu gpu. If you will use custom when you update and install your drivers you will notice how in some cases the drivers that do not have to be updated are not removed or uninstalled but allowed to coexist with the new software install. I hope I have given someone else with my unique problem which was the same some assistance as well. Thanks again for posting your solution as it helped me a great deal because I was going to just get a usb stick until I got fustrated and said H**lz no Im going to get my tuner to work lol.
    Andre E
    • Edited by Arejshay Wednesday, November 9, 2011 2:29 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 2:24 AM
  • Arejsay - care to share the procedure steps use used to get the ATI AIW HD TV Tuner working so that the unknown device NTativlm61 is successfully loaded? I'm attempting to install the card in a new Windows 7 Professional clean install using the latest ATI drivers (currently v11.12).  After the install, the graphics card works fine, but I have no TV tuner and the unknown device NTativlm61.  I've attempted just about every variant of the instructions that I can think of in all of the posts above to do a driver update and "convert" the unknown device to the ATI Unified AVStream Driver AIW device that it should be, but I get to the point while trying to update the unknown device's driver, and can't get past a "failed to find a device driver" error message whether I do an automatic or manual search for the driver per any of the instructions, above.  Most of the posts above are pretty old, back when Win 7 was a release candidate, so things obviously have changed.  I could not tell from your post (the most recent one so far that's reported success) what exactly you did to solve the problem.  Sharing the details would be appreciated!
    Monday, January 23, 2012 5:45 AM
  • I experienced the same trouble to set this up on a Nforce4 A8N-SLI (Asus) running Win 7 x64 (SP1). It ended up successfully using the OEM ATI installation CD-ROM labelled 180-V01129-100. Everything works fine in WMC including AC-3 over SPDIF via Toslink optical connection. I even installed my old RemoteWonderPlus with drivers scrounged on the net — 3-04_rw.exe and setup_rwplus_xp_vista.exe.

The driver version for the graphic card is 8.920.0.0 (09-11-11) and the ATI Unified AVStream device, NTativlm61, is driven by version 6.14.10.299 (11-07-08).

'hope this helps, even some 3 weeks later.

• Proposed as answer by CrackedUpToBe Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:55 PM
    Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:54 PM
  • We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.Any other links to the list?

:/

Sunday, March 2, 2014 2:50 AM
  • I have an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER HD and it works great in Windows XP and Vista, both drivers and video capture software. However, when Windows 7 came along AMD was calling the shots as to drivers and support for this video adapter. All AMD provides is the video drivers and other software, but NOT any video capture software for use in Windows 7. Which is the ONLY reason why I still keep Vista around. Is there anybody out there that will write video capture software for this video card for use with Windows 7 x64 ???
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:17 AM