Date:  26/04/2012
    Time:  02:32:33
    User:  NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
    Computer: MS018
    Description:
    File: C:\Office\devsp\project\WebClient\source\utility\pjadorsutil2.cpp
    Line: 318

Error Number: 0x80040e31

Description: <Description><![CDATA[Assert Detected. The error code was also included.]]></Description>

Component: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
    Description: <Description><![CDATA[Timeout expired]]></Description>

Thanks

Hezequias Vasconcelos

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:48 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Could you please provide more details?

Try restarting Project Server View Notification Service

Hrishi Deshpande – DeltaBahn Senior Consultant
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:27 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

At the company where I work, we have Project Server 2003 with SP3 installed.

A while back here, the project server is experiencing the following problem:

When we publish a new project, it appears "empty" when visualized in Project Web or when assign a new task in an existing project to a resource of this project, the application receives notification of new e-mail task, but when the same goes on to Project Web to view the task does not appear the same.

This problem is happening to a User Forum for EPM Solutions in Brazil, I took the liberty of posting here and enlist the help of you trying to solve.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/pt-BR/epmpt/thread/4e119091-a7dc-4df6-a41f-6f80390b215c

Thanks

Hezequias Vasconcelos

Friday, April 27, 2012 12:35 AM
  • That’s correct

With 2003, when project is published XML file is generated and dropped into View drop folder. View notification service will process the files and once done file will be removed from the folder.

As you mentioned you were not able to see updated project in Project Web access sites, which indicates files are not being process.

There was a known issue with View notification service called as Memory leakage .
    Please verify the folder and let me know what is the status of View notification service in terms if CPU usage and Memory utilization (use task manager)

Hrishi Deshpande – DeltaBahn Senior Consultant
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Friday, April 27, 2012 12:55 AM
  • On Hrishi's sound advice, I have a question for you,  Did you move the Microsoft Project Server database to a new server or to a new instance of Microsoft SQL Server?

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Friday, April 27, 2012 5:40 AM
  • Hi Amit Khare

I ran the procedure reported but the problem still persists.

Drop the folder you refer to is the folder Viewdrop, if it is empty.

The notification service was consuming 100% CPU, but then I realized they were in some maintenance items that you sent me, this problem is no longer happening.

What remains is the following: The project manager creates a task for a particular team member, this member of staff receives a notification (email) added to it the task but the task does not aparce mo web project, but if the manager open the project in project professional it is there.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Hezequias Vasconcelos

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:20 PM