Outlook 2016 not displaying message RRS feed

• Question

• When I upgraded to Office 2016 from 2013 new messages did not appear in my Inbox. When I do a search for a specific message it will display in the Search box, but once I exit search the Inbox does not display the message. Multiple new messages display in search but not in the Inbox. Any ideas on how to get the new messages to display in my Inbox?
    • Moved by Steve Fan Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:34 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 4:29 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

>>When I do a search for a specific message it will display in the Search box

Please try hovering the mouse over the email from the search result, you will see which folder the email is currently in. If this email is in another folder other than the Inbox folder, try navigating to the folder and see whether your emails were accidentally moved to that folder.

If it shows that the email is in your Inbox, please check whether there is a 'Filter Applied' in the left bottom corner of Outlook window when Inbox is selected. If this is the case, it could be that the your new emails were hidden by views/filters. We may try to reset the Inbox view and see whether it helps. To do this, click the Inbox folder, click Views tab, click Reset View.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, October 16, 2017 10:21 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by davidt1s Monday, October 16, 2017 4:32 PM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:10 AM
  • Steve, thanks for the great suggestions. I moused over the messages in search and the messages are in the Inbox. Reset View did not change the Inbox. The messages do not appear and Views says there are no filters set.
    Monday, October 16, 2017 1:29 PM