none
Status date - gridlines RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup a Red colour line for the status date (Format/Gridlines/ red color line for status date)

Now, whenever I setup a new status date from Project tab/Status Date. The red line starts from the beginning of day rather than end of a day?

For example, If I setup "Fri 4/5/2012" as the status date. The red line is shown between Thursday and Friday. Where in I want the red line to be shown in between Friday and Saturday.

Thanks in advance,

HP

Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:44 PM

Answers

• HP,

Yes it would be nice but if I recall correctly, the greyed non-working time always lines up with a time separation mark. In the case of the second screenshot, the nearest time separation point is between the 4 pm and 6 pm timescale labels. If you back off on the timescale and show every hour, it should show up as desired (i.e. at 5PM).

John

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:26 PM

All replies

• Can you tell us what time it is in Fri 4/5/2012 ? That is, pls change the date display format so as to show both date and time and then check the Status Date box in Project Information dialog box to see what the time is.
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:51 PM
  • So time was the culprit. But my problem is not solved yet. Pls see the 2 images I have inserted. I have taken 2 screen shots one in 15minutes and others in 2 hours timescale. In 15min timscale red line exactly separates working and non-working zone. But not in 2 hours timescale. Do you know why? Working time (8 AM to 12 PM and 1PM to 5 pm)

d

HP

Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:21 PM
  • Pls send me your schedule, I'll check it and get back to you as soon as I can (projectuser-at-fastmail.fm)
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:08 PM
  • HP,

Pardon me for jumping in, but I see no conflict between your two screen shots. The first shows the status line falling on 5:00:00. Although you can't see the same detail the second shows the status date falling exactly between 4:00 and 6:00, which would also be 5:00.

John

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:25 PM
  • John,

Agreed. Time is right. But don't you think the red line should exactly separate the working and non-working zone as it did in the 15min timescale?

hp 

HP

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:51 PM
  • HP,

Yes it would be nice but if I recall correctly, the greyed non-working time always lines up with a time separation mark. In the case of the second screenshot, the nearest time separation point is between the 4 pm and 6 pm timescale labels. If you back off on the timescale and show every hour, it should show up as desired (i.e. at 5PM).

John

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:26 PM