Disk Management RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,I am using windows 7.I Want to combine my local disks E and F.Local disk C & Local disk F are my primary partitions.If I combine drives E & F,Will it cause any Problems.Please give me a solution to combine two local disks.

Thank you.

Sunday, August 3, 2014 3:02 PM

Answers

• Are you talking about combining 2 physical disks.  Even if you are talking about combining 2 partitions into 1 partition you cannot do it without destroying the data on at least one of the partitions.  You would have to backup everything on both partitions for safety and then restore the data after reconfiguring you HDD. You can expand the active partition with your OS after deleting any adjacent partitions, otherwise you will have to re-install your OS.

If you really want a solution, then have the courtesy to provide detailed information about your situation so someone can make an assessment of your situation and possibly suggest one or more intelligent solutions.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by Sadegh Sadeghpour Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:33 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sadegh Sadeghpour Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:33 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Tuesday, September 9, 2014 7:55 AM
    Sunday, August 3, 2014 9:12 PM

All replies

• VK

IS the OS on C?

Where is the hidden "boot" partition?

IS the data on F moved from C?  What is on "E"?

If there are no ramifications you can use Easus PArtition MAgic to combine E & F

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:30 PM
  • Are you talking about combining 2 physical disks.  Even if you are talking about combining 2 partitions into 1 partition you cannot do it without destroying the data on at least one of the partitions.  You would have to backup everything on both partitions for safety and then restore the data after reconfiguring you HDD. You can expand the active partition with your OS after deleting any adjacent partitions, otherwise you will have to re-install your OS.

If you really want a solution, then have the courtesy to provide detailed information about your situation so someone can make an assessment of your situation and possibly suggest one or more intelligent solutions.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Unproposed as answer by Sadegh Sadeghpour Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Tuesday, September 9, 2014 7:55 AM
    Sunday, August 3, 2014 9:12 PM
  • Hi,

I want to know you want to combine two hard disks into one or combine two partitions into one?

As descripted in your post, you seem to combine two partitions into one, there is a method to do this, one condition is the two partitions should be a sequential, namely, you can combine E partition and F partition together can’t combine F and H together:

1.Back up all the data on partitions you want to combine to another partition or mobile device.

2.Right click at the computer icon, then choose manage, then go to desk management.

3.Right click at the volume you want to combine, say G partition, then choose to delete the volume.

4.After deleting the partition G, it will become unallocated, then right click at  partition F, then choose “Extend Volume”, the Extend Volume Wizard will show up as below:

5.Click next, and then the next step, you will see the two partition will be joined together as one.

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Sadegh Sadeghpour Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:44 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:41 AM