none
Internet Explorer Security Support on Windows 7 & WIndows 2008 Std Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app page (tomcat https) that i was able to open from a windows 7 professional remotely but could not open from a windows 2008 std server.  Is there a security settings I need to disable from windows 2008 std server?  The firewall is disabled.  Both Win 7 & 2008 is on the same network.

Thanks in advance.

DT

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I need the error information from the Internet Explorer, if the error code is 404 that should be the webpage is not correctly developed, error code 500 means the tomcat server is not available, you should check the tomcat server, or another situation is the port number is in use by another application, normally the default port number is 8080, you can  try another port number in the comcat configuration file  to see the result.

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In windows server 2008, there is a security settings of Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is enabled by default, you can turn it off in this way:

Open server manager then click Configure IE ESC, turn off this both for administrators and users as screenshot below:

Regards

Wade Liu

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:46 AM
  • Hi,

That was set to off in the IE browser and still could not access the tomcat page.

Thanks for responding,

DT

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:24 PM
  • Hi,

I need the error information from the Internet Explorer, if the error code is 404 that should be the webpage is not correctly developed, error code 500 means the tomcat server is not available, you should check the tomcat server, or another situation is the port number is in use by another application, normally the default port number is 8080, you can  try another port number in the comcat configuration file  to see the result.

Regards

Wade Liu

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:21 AM