ProClarity - User Name and Password required for this connection - Business Reporter RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having the following problem, a report is built on ProClarity Business Reporter and saved on excel 2003, the problem is that some PC's/users are able to open and view the report correctly, but some of them face the following message "User Name and Password required for this connection. Please type your user name and password". Please advise me how to solve this.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Khalid,

First, I would determine if the users are getting prompted for credentials for either IIS/ProClarity Analytics Server or for SSAS.  If they are being prompted for access to PAS, I would make sure they have access to the view, and any shared items used in the view.  If they are being prompted for SSAS, I would make sure the users have access to the cube data that the pages are built upon.  Also, is this an intermittent or new problem?  If so, then it likely isn't cube permissions unless cube permissions have been changed recently.

Let us know if you're still seeing the issue or have some more information to provide on what part of the stack might be prompting you for credentials.

Thanks,

-Joey   
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:29 PM