Unable to print any file documents RRS feed

• Question

• I've developed an issue of not being able to print any kind of document I have stored in my document files in Windows 10. I can print anything from a direct internet connection, so I know the problem is not with the printer (Epson xp-330).  I am able to see the Print Preview, the correct printer name is selected, ink levels are fine, and when the print button is selected the paper feeds and ejects as normal but nothing prints. It makes no difference as to the type of file extension, the only common thread is if said document is accessed from the Windows 10 Document file where it is stored. As an aside, I am able to print photos from the photo files, just not documents.  What is the fix for this? 
    Saturday, February 3, 2018 12:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'd like to confirm your situation:
    Do you mean "in Documents folder" by "in my document files"?

If so, please provide folder path of "Documents":
        Right click on [Documents] > click [Properties]     

Regards,

Ashidacchi

P.S.
    Please try:
    (1) copy a document file in Documents to Desktop
    (2) open the copied file on Desktop and print it
    • Edited by Ashidacchi Saturday, February 3, 2018 1:22 AM
    Saturday, February 3, 2018 1:19 AM
  • Hi,

What's your Windows version?

Are there any error messages occur in Event Viewer(Windows logs\Application, system) when you print files located in Documents?

Did you perform any action before the issue occur?

Please try to copy a file which located in Documents to other location. Then try to print the file in other location to check if it works.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:12 AM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:10 AM