Best way to create a form with a repeating row - can this be done in Sharepoint? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a standard MOSS2007 setup. Moving to 2010 in the next few months.

My question is this, I was tasked with creating a form that all our employee's are going to have to fill out. There is nothing special about 99% of this form except one question.  This one question can have any number of responses per person. Its basically asking what clients other people in the firm should know about for their practices. There are going to be 4 columns for each answer. One person may give only one answer while another might give 10.

The closest thing I found was a repeating row in InfoPath, but now I am confused as to my next step. I have never used InfoPath and infopath is definitely not installed on all machines in the firm. Is InfoPath the best option to use in this case? Is there any way to do this in native SharePoint? I dont want to force something just for the sake of making it work so I was also considering just building a small asp.net webpage to capture the information.

The end goal is to have a form that can be filled out, added to the database, be updated, and all information be fully searchable to all users. I know how to do all of it in Sharepoint and .Net, but just missing the information on the best method to create the repeater row

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:22 PM

Answers

• To do natifvely in SHPT, make a child list for the multi-row data.  Present a Datasheet View of the list to the user for the quickest data entry. 

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:55 PM