Skype Room System v2 Image Preparation RRS feed

• Question

• Good evening,

I'm following the instructions of this article to a T and am running into issues inherent with the script Microsoft has provided. Using the 1709 Windows 10 Enterprise ISO from VLSC and am unable to get the script provided to go past 'Copying Windows'. Trying to copy the extracted ISO files to the FAT32 flash drive obviously fails due to the install.wim file being over 4GB. I'm not sure what my next steps are. Has anyone else run into this issue, and how were you able to resolve it?

Thanks,

CA

Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:22 PM

Answers

• As an update, Microsoft released a new script shortly after that resolved my issue.

CA

• Marked as answer by College Admin Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:50 PM

All replies

• Hi College Admin,

Please check the size of 1709 Windows 10 Enterprise ISO ,whether it is over 4G? Because a single file larger than 4GB cannot be stored in a FAT32 partition,

Based on my research ,you could change the File system to NTFS of Disk.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 23, 2018 3:04 AM
  • That's the problem. The documentation states that it must be ran on the FAT32 volume, which is impossible. If you try using an NTFS or exFAT drive, the script fails out, stating that it must be FAT32. I'm not quite sure what we're expected to do, the documentation is impossible as is.

CA

Friday, March 23, 2018 12:34 PM
  • Hi College Admin,

please do not copy the  ISO files to the FAT32 flash drive .

please open the win10.ISO files with 7zip,copy the all the file(like the following screenshot) to USB storage device .

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

do you have any update?

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:12 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates?if the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:05 AM
  • As an update, Microsoft released a new script shortly after that resolved my issue.

CA

• Marked as answer by College Admin Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:50 PM