Unable to open documents over approx 750KB RRS feed

• Question

• We have this issue where users are unable to open any stored document over roughly 750KB.  It can be .pdf, .xlx, .xlsx, .accde, it does not discriminate.  If you try to open from the standard web view you immediately get a "page cannot be found" error.  If you try from Explorer View the error is "The URL you have provided could not be reached".  Smaller files of any type have no issues.  This happened one other time and I found suggestions related to changing the web.config.  I tried those settings without success.  Restarting services or the server has no impact.  I don't know why it suddenly resolved itself last time.  This is SharePoint 2007 WSS running on W2k3 32bit with 4GB memory.  Any thoughts?

Brett Hanlon

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you cannot open file larger than 750KB. I need you to have a test like this: Upload these files to a site collection in another web application. Will these files open correctly?

Check whether SQL database is run out of memory. If the happens inside a single site, you need to check the site is added to the trusted site in IE and your anvirus/firewall software.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:39 AM