BUG: Word 2010 Horizontal Ruler Controls Stop Working when Vertical Ruler Disabled in Print Layout View RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone confirm that this behavior can be reproduced, even when running Word 2010 SP1 with the February 2012 CU installed as well?  As preparation, you need to first uncheck the option to display the vertical ruler.

File > Options > Advanced....Show vertical ruler in Print Layout view

Problem

Consider this scenario

• Working on a document in Print Layout View, you want to adjust the margins by moving the margin/tab controls in the horizontal ruler along the top of the Word window
    • You're able to move the margin, but you decide to change it again and find that the control is no longer responding.  Instead, the cursor changes to the one normally seen when hovering over the region between pages in Print Layout view
    • If you switch out and back into Word or minimize/maximize the window, your able to adjust the margin again, but only once.  Then the problem returns.

Cause

- The vertical ruler is disabled

Resolution

Go to File > Options > Advanced, scroll down to the 'Display' section and enable the option to Show vertical ruler in Print Layout view

Seems like a bug to me.  Anyone able to verify or have more info?

Thanks,

Doug

Douglas Cote

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:56 PM

Answers

• Hello Doug,

I was able to reproduce the issue as well.  I will report this issue to development so they are aware of the issue.

Thanks,

Aaron

Friday, April 27, 2012 10:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Doug,

Thanks for raise this information to us, I can reproduce this behavior in my test envrionment. I am trying to involve someone to further look at this issue.

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 23, 2012 2:52 AM
  • Hello Doug,

I was able to reproduce the issue as well.  I will report this issue to development so they are aware of the issue.

Thanks,

Aaron

Friday, April 27, 2012 10:01 PM
  • I am able to reproduce the issue as well.

System:

WIN 7 Pro 64-bit

Office 2010 SP2 MSO 64-bit

• Edited by blackvan253 Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:30 AM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:28 AM