none
MSPS 2007 Report Pack Reports / Reporting DB RRS feed

• Question

• We are attempting to use some 'vanilla' and slightly modified versions of several reports from the Report Pack.  In particular, we encountered a strange result with Completion % - wondering if anyone has any insight...

What we see is that numerous tasks report 99% complete in the Reporting DB and the report showing task status when, in fact, those tasks are 100% complete - and have been for weeks or months.  Project Pro shows 100%, PWA shows 100%, but 99% in the Reporting DB. This is important to me because our custom version is filtering out all tasks that show 100% complete.

This is a temporary conditon - it seems.  It may only occur from the beginning of the week until the offending project is re-published.  Then those tasks (properly) go back to 100% - until the beginning of the next week.  There are no updates or changes in the interim that affect these particular tasks (i.e. all task updates are for current tasks, not those that have been complete for months).

Frankly, I'm still trying to pin this down precisely.  I think what I've described is accurate, but I will be watching it much more closely for the next week or two to confirm.  The point of my question now is whether anyone has seen anything similar - or might have some insight into the reason or cause.

Thanks for any insight you might offer.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hello westy_kr

This is probably due to some issues with data types and how to manage rounding. This issue has been around since the beginning of computers.  This does't help the matter. 

One possible solution is to convert some files to integer for displaying data or I would do rounding and truncate the insignicant digits.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MC

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:10 PM

All replies