Windows XP Users RRS feed

• Question

• How can I fix this message: The instruction at "0x7c80cf7d" referenced memory at "0x000cb750". The memory could not be r"read"? Also this computer is really slow and hangs up all the time??? I have no money so I am looking for a free fix? PLEASE HELP!!!
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:42 PM

All replies

• There may be many causes that make the troubles. Without more information it is very difficult to help. Addresses are specific for current status of your computer and applications that the computer is running at that moment. The same hardware and installed components may have different behaviour in another computer.

1. Look into Event log and reveal what errors and warning are there.

2. Reveal the history of your problem. What have you done - any installation, change of configuration and updates.

3. Use process monitor and process explorer from sysinternals to diagnose your problem.

All three step do not need you to spend any special money, only your effort. In any case you landed in IT pro forum. If you feel that special forum aiming at general public would fit better, then give a try to answers.microsoft.com

Regards

Milos

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:11 PM