Numbers not appearing in MOC client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have ocs server 2007 r2. I have my users telephone number fields in active directory populated with e.164 numbers. I also have norm rules configured on the server.

The client successfully downloads the galcontacts.db to the client. When I open the file I can see the numbers in e.164 format that represent the numbers in AD. However when I right click my contacts in the moc clients the numbers are not appearing, also in some cases different numbers appear for the same contact on other users moc client.

I have run abserver -regenur and abserver -syncnow on the server and there are no errors. I have deleted the galcontacts.db file on the client and edited the registry key to always download the galcontacts.db at moc logon. The file downloads fine when the moc client logs in. But I still dont see the numbers when I right click one of my contacts.

Also using absconfig I have selected it to display ipphone on client also, but this does not appear either when I right click on my moc contact

Thanks

P

Celtic
    Friday, June 18, 2010 2:07 PM

All replies

• Have you configured the Address Book text file?  Located in

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Web Components\Address Book Files\Files\Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rule.txt

There is a sample one in there now...rename it without "Sample_" at beginning and resync the Address Book.

If you need help beyond that let me know.

Tim Harrington - Catapult Systems - http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com
    Friday, June 18, 2010 2:16 PM
  • Hi TW,

I have all numbers in AD e.164

I following rules configured in that file.. (I dont understand why the norm rules in the below file are needed if the numbers in AD are already e.164)

# norm rules

#Emergency
    #Match numbers that are exactly 3 digits long. Prepend '+'
    ^(\d{3})$
    +$1

#International
    #Match numbers that start with '00' and are at least 7 digits long. Remove 2 digits from the beginning and add '+'.
    ^00(\d{4}\d+)$
    +$1

#Dublin Local
    #Match numbers that are exactly 7 digits long. Prepend '+3531'.
    ^(\d{7})$
    +3531$1

#Ireland
    #Match numbers that start with '0' and are at least 8 digits long. Remove 1 digits from the beginning and add '+353'.
    ^0(\d{6}\d+)$
    +353$1

#Ireland free/low call
    #Allow 1850 and 1800 numbers dial external

#New DDI's
    #Match numbers that start with '08' and are a total of 4 digits long. Prepend '+3531500'.
    ^(08\d{2})$
    +3531500$1

#PBX extensions
    #If number is exactly 4 digits starts with 78 pre-fix +3531419
    ^(78\d{2})$
    +3531419$1

#if number is exactly 4 digits long starting with 5 prefix +
    ^(5\d{3})$
    +$1

Celtic
    Friday, June 18, 2010 2:57 PM