none
First Logon Commands not executing

Question

• Hello,

I am trying to build a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 1607) image for deployment using VMware Workstation as the environment and Dell Image Assist for sysprep and unattend.xml creation. I have 3 First Logon Commands that I specify in Dell's Image Assist wizard when building the unattend.xml but they are not executing upon first logon of a new user.

Here are the three scripts I am specifying in Image Assist:
                              reg import C:\ProgramData\DU\FileExplorer\DetailsView.reg
                              reg import C:\ProgramData\DU\IE11\FavoritesBar.reg
                              cmd.exe /c C:\ProgramData\DU\OneDriveSetup\install.cmd

I successfully test these scripts after a user has logged in by copy/pasting them into a CMD prompt.

I have set UAC to Notify only, and I make sure to add the user as a local administrator first prior to first logon.

Here is an excerpt of the unattend.xml that is created:

<FirstLogonCommands>
                                      <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
                                        <CommandLine>cmd.exe /c "C:\WINDOWS\Panther\DTRI\Unattend_XML_RUNONCE_Cleaner.exe"</CommandLine>
                                        <Description>Executing First Commands1</Description>
                                        <Order>1</Order>
                                      </SynchronousCommand>
                                        <CommandLine>cmd.exe /c C:\ProgramData\DU\OneDriveSetup\install.cmd</CommandLine>
                                        <Description>Executing First Commands2</Description>
                                        <Order>2</Order>
                                      </SynchronousCommand>
                                        <CommandLine>reg import C:\ProgramData\DU\IE11\FavoritesBar.reg</CommandLine>
                                        <Description>Executing First Commands3</Description>
                                        <Order>3</Order>
                                      </SynchronousCommand>
                                        <CommandLine>reg import C:\ProgramData\DU\FileExplorer\DetailsView.reg</CommandLine>
                                        <Description>Executing First Commands4</Description>
                                        <Order>4</Order>
                                      </SynchronousCommand>
                                    </FirstLogonCommands>

Any ideas why these scripts are not executing and recommended workarounds? Thanks!

Jason
    Monday, February 27, 2017 10:49 PM

All replies