Skype for Business response codes - SIP trunking - Enterprise Voice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an IP-PBX SIP trunking connectivity and I need to verify specific SfB response codes, i.e. "486 Busy Here", "408 Request Timeout" "501 Not Implemented" and "606 Not Acceptable".

- When SfB is in a call and receives a second call from external PSTN (IP-PBX) user, there is no busy signal to the caller. Is it possible for SfB to send a busy signal to an incoming call without the use of an external application like “BusyOnBusy”? Is there any other way for SfB user to send a "486 Busy Here" SIP message to the caller?

When we make a call from PSTN sub to SfB sub over SIP trunk and the latter doesn’t answer, mediation server sends a 480 Temporarily Unavailable SIP message to IP-PBX. In what condition SfB replies with a "408 Request Timeout" message?

- How SfB may reply with a "501 Not Implemented" message to an incoming call from PSTN?

- I also need to generate a "606 Not Acceptable" SIP response message from SfB to PSTN. When IP-PBX sub calls a SfB subscriber who has DND, mediation sends a 480 Temporarily Unavailable message to IP-PBX.

Thx

Monday, April 25, 2016 10:43 AM

All replies

• The second thread gave me an idea.

PSTN sub calls a SfB sub who has call forwarding to the calling PSTN number. 

IP-PBX sends 486 to SfB and SfB sends 486 to PSTN. The PSTN user hears busy tone.

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:33 PM
  • Is there any idea for "408 Request Timeout" "501 Not Implemented" and "606 Not Acceptable"?

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

408 Request Timeout

The server could not produce a response within a suitable amount of time, for example, if it could not determine the location of the user in time. The client MAY repeat the request without modifications at any later time.

501 Not Implemented

The server does not support the functionality required to fulfill the request.  This is the appropriate response when a UAS does not recognize the request method and is not capable of supporting it for any user.  (Proxies forward all requests regardless of method.)

606 Not Acceptable

The user's agent was contacted successfully but some aspects of the session description such as the requested media, bandwidth, or addressing style were not acceptable.

A 606 (Not Acceptable) response means that the user wishes to communicate, but cannot adequately support the session described. The 606 (Not Acceptable) response MAY contain a list of reasons in a Warning header field describing why the session described cannot be supported.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Sunday, May 8, 2016 6:27 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by mpmk Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:04 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 2:15 AM
  • Hi Eason,

I'm still not able to produce these codes.

Is it possible to give me a scenario for each case, like "A calls B, B does ..."?

Thanks.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:06 AM