1. The Windows Live OneCare ‘Family Safety’ application cannot be sequenced on any Windows
2. The Toolbar, Messenger, Writer, Photo Gallery and Mail applications can be sequenced successfully
on a Windows Vista sequencer machine.
3. The Toolbar, Messenger, and Mail applications can be sequenced successfully on a Windows XP sequencer
machine. Photo Gallery and Writer cannot be sequenced successfully on a Windows XP sequencer machine.
For more information regarding sequencing managed applications, please refer to the following KB article:
KB959457 - When the Application Virtualization 4.5 Clients attempt to run managed applications,
0xC0000135 errors may occur
To accomplish successful sequencing of the Windows Live applications on Windows XP and Windows Vista
sequencer machines, the following process should be used:
1. Start the Windows Live Installer natively (without monitoring).
2. Cancel the Windows Live installation by clicking on “Close” in the "Select the products
you want to install" installation dialog box.
Note: These two steps are accomplished in order to register WLSetupSvc registered with DCOM.
3. Start the Softgrid/App-V sequencer.
4. Disable Virtual Services in the Sequencer. To do this, open Tools -> Options and uncheck
"Allow Virtual Services".
5. Begin monitoring and start the Windows Live Installation.
This document is provided “as-is”. Information and views expressed in this document, including URL and other Internet Web site
references, may change without notice. You bear the risk of using it.
Some examples depicted herein are provided for illustration only and are fictitious. No real association or connection is intended
or should be inferred.
This document does not provide you with any legal rights to any intellectual property in any Microsoft product. You may copy and use this
document for your internal, reference purposes. You may modify this document for your internal, reference purposes.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.