usb 2.0 driver for vista?! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have a major problem. after reinstalling vista again. My usb ports dont work. i searched for the usb in device manager with nothing listed anywhere!!! I need to install a usb driver! where can i get one for vista?! I tried everything i could think of from reinstalling the chipset to reinstalling service pack 1 again. still nothing. the hardware wizard doesnt even have a usb generic driver. I am out of ideas! please help.

scincerly

james

Friday, May 30, 2008 1:57 AM

Answers

• Hi James,

USB controller driver is generally contained in motherboard/chipset one. BIOS version is also a factor that may affect the USB controller function.

In this case, go to the manufacturer’s website and install the most updated drivers for BIOS, chipset/motherboard.

If the problem persists, check the USB port with other devices, in order to confirm if this is an USB port or USB device related issue.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, June 2, 2008 7:00 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

USB controller driver is generally contained in motherboard/chipset one. BIOS version is also a factor that may affect the USB controller function.

In this case, go to the manufacturer’s website and install the most updated drivers for BIOS, chipset/motherboard.

If the problem persists, check the USB port with other devices, in order to confirm if this is an USB port or USB device related issue.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, June 2, 2008 7:00 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. In the meantime i checked system services and it came up as all usb related hardware as disabled! i got into system services to make the services auto or manuel but it still comes up as disabled. I will check the bios of the motherboard as suggested maybe thats the answer. It might take a while for me to check it out so i suggest the recommended advice should be followed by anyone having the same problem as me.I will mark it as the answer later if it works.

thanks a bunch

James

Monday, June 2, 2008 3:14 PM