ADFS v3 language RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have configured ADFS v3 and i's working properly.

The question I have is:

ADFS 2.x and 3.x are multi language supported, so text is automatically visible in the language of your internet browser.
    When I perform a search on "UiCulture" on ADFS 3, it's all coded in the DLL's, so I cannot change the multilanguage support.

I would like to enable ENGLISH "en-US" only for ADFS v3. It's not running on IIS and there are no web.config files where I can manipulate the UiCulture or header in IIS, from "auto" to "en-US" only.

How can I realise this on ADFS v3??
    I want to have all text in "en-US".

Adding this in the Microsoft.IdentityServer.Service.config fails:

<system.web>
        <globalization culture="en-US" uiCulture="en-US" />
    </system.web>

Regards,
    Rietesh

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:44 AM

All replies

• In theory, we could "overwrite" all the other messages from other locales with an English version. Or adding a custom message without specifying the local that it would always show up on the only language available:

Set-AdfsGlobalWebContent -SignInPageDescriptionText "In case you don't read German, here is some English stuff"

Here is the result on a German browser:

But that's an odd thing to do. What is the issue with presenting the message in the local language?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:16 PM
  • Hi Pierre,

Thank you for your answer.

That's actually not an option.
    I've added a javascript (onload.js) which renames the Claims Provider Trust "Active Directory" single line, to a double lined text with a custom value. Also for the Claims Provider Trust: "Other organization".

The javascript detects the value "Active Directory" and changes it to:
    Line 1 in <BOLD>: Company logon
    Line 2 in <small>: Description of this button

The same javascript detects the value "Other organization" and changes it to:
    Line 1 in <BOLD>: User another account
    Line 2 in <small>: Description of federation blabla

It does the job quite good!!

But...

If the text "Other organization" is in German "Andere Organisation???", it will not be able to change the value.
    The two HRD buttons in English but login/error description in another language would not be professional, right?

Thursday, July 6, 2017 4:15 PM