Child domain or Forest with tow-way trust RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am in the process of installing a server in an office in Cairo with windows sbs 2008.  we already have a server with windows sbs 2003 in a smaller city called hurghada (south egypt).

I want to connect these server purely to allow users in cairo to access a database that sits in hurghada.  I will have remote access to both servers so for administration and to avoid too much replication over my vpn that will connect the two servers I thought it might just be better to setup two forest domains with a two way trust between each other rather than a parent - child relationship.  I will then just give the users in cairo direct access to the specified folder in hurghada allowing them access to the database.

Please can someone give me advise as to wheter this is a good idea or what would be the preferred choice?  The users in Cairo must have "real time" access to the database which is why I also thought the two way trust between forests would be better as they would have direct access to the database.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:53 PM

Answers

All replies