Sound does not work after installing windows update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am running a Dell Latitude e6410 on Windows 7 Professional.  I had my Samsung S3 Galaxy Mini plugged in by USB, and installed the following update:

SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. - Other hardware - SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device

It was successfully installed, but the sound not does not work on my laptop.  When I plug it to my TV (through a DVI/HDMI connection), sound works through the TV.  I do not have my speakers on mute.

I have attempted to roll back the driver through Control Panel --> Device Manager but the roll back driver function is not enabled.

I also do not have a restore point prior to the installation of the update.

Thanks

Justin

Monday, March 17, 2014 10:22 AM

Answers

• Update the audio driver.Visit the website of the manufacturer to download and install the latest driver.

If you think that the problem has started after installing windows update then you may try to uninstall that via control panel.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

• Proposed as answer by 暁北 Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by 暁北 Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3:55 PM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 11:20 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with S.Sengupta.

Also, what version of update were you installing? The latest SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. Other hardware software update is released in January, 2014. Please check your version of update and try other previous updates.

You can find all updates from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:51 AM

All replies

• Update the audio driver.Visit the website of the manufacturer to download and install the latest driver.

If you think that the problem has started after installing windows update then you may try to uninstall that via control panel.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

• Proposed as answer by 暁北 Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:32 AM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 11:20 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with S.Sengupta.

Also, what version of update were you installing? The latest SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. Other hardware software update is released in January, 2014. Please check your version of update and try other previous updates.

You can find all updates from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:51 AM