none
BSOD During DP-WLK Verify Driver support for Hot-Add CPU RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I am trying to complete the HCK certification tests for a fibre channel storage array. The test system is a Dell 620 with dual Xeon 2620 CPUs, 48GB of RAM, and 2012R2 Standard with all the latest patches and updates.

I have completed all the other tests besides the CPU Hot Add test which fails every time. It is a BSOD, with a  page fault error, blaming PCI.SYS.  I have checked to make sure each device has the latest drivers, there are no issues in device manager.  I have disabled some unused devices as a troubleshooting step.  I tried manually setting the page file size and not having the system do it to no avail.

The test will hang on the initial reboot and if I use idrac to soft boot the system, it comes back and the test proceeds to the IO portion where it crashes.  Storage side is fibre channel, 3 raid arrays with three LUNS each and I am using the MS MPIO driver.  Each drive is visible and passes the other tests.  I ran the memory test and it passed with no issues.  The DMP file didn't tell me much but its possible I am not interpreting the information properly. Happy to provide any information anyone needs, I am out of ideas. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:24 PM