Trouble with explorer view - Folder shows up sometimes RRS feed

• Question

• I have SP2007 x64, running win7 client x64

And a user reported that they are not able to see a folder in a document library, when they try to save a document from Word.(2007)

I checked out they site, they have access.

The document lib opens in explorer view from the site, it pops open a windows explorer windows, and in the address bar is the web address(http://site/web/doclib) of the doc lib, and I can see the folder.

But if I go to the run cmd, and type the path in this way, \\Site\web\doclib, it opens, but I as the farm do not see that particular folder in the library.

Kind of bizarre, any ideas?

Joshua Fuente

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:37 PM

Answers

• Found the issue, the document library in question had been renamed from "Shared Documents" to the new name.

Seems that when accessing via explorer view the folder retains the original name.

Learn something new everyday when working with SharePoint.

Joshua Fuente

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Joshua,

Is that folder that created from document library or created from another different approach? Could you please check if the account you used to login current computer has permission to access that particular folder?

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:56 AM
  • Yes, all permissions inherit, I can see and access the doclib in the browser, its only when I access via the UNC path that I dont see the doclib (its not just a folder, its the entire doclib).

Joshua Fuente

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:32 PM
  • Found the issue, the document library in question had been renamed from "Shared Documents" to the new name.

Seems that when accessing via explorer view the folder retains the original name.

Learn something new everyday when working with SharePoint.

Joshua Fuente

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:05 PM