none
remotely manage hyper-v hosts with hyper-v manager

Question

• guys,

when following this blog:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/hyper-v/manage/remotely-manage-hyper-v-hosts

i am getting an error at 

Connect to a Windows 2016 or Windows 10 remote host outside your domain, or with no domain

the error is: 

Set-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'enable-wsmancredssp'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + set-item wsman:\localhost\client\trustedhosts -value "dcnthyperv" e ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-Item], ParameterBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetItemCommand

when using this code:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> set-item wsman:\localhost\client\trustedhosts -value "dcnthyperv" enable-wsmancredssp -role client -delegatecomputer "dcnthyperv"

anyone who can see what i am doing wrong?

thanks.

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Are there any updates on the issue?
    You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful.
    Best Regards,
    Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:10 AM
  • Have been using the following code to get things working on my W10 Pro client:

winrm quickconfig

winrm set winrm/config/client '@{TrustedHosts=Your Computer Name"}'

but that doesnt work on the client

error i get is the following:

Error: Invalid use of command line. Type "winrm -?" for help

Monday, April 03, 2017 7:23 AM
  • correct, am getting a winrmservice is already running on this machine notification when using the winrm quickconfig command.

Also noticed now(am on a different network) that i am getting an error thats telling me the winrm firewall exception will not work since one of the network connections types in this machines  is set to public

• Edited by enlil Wednesday, February 14, 2018 11:07 AM
    Tuesday, April 04, 2017 11:02 AM
  • Hi,

You can change the profile by running Set-NetConnectionProfile in powershell

Get-NetConnectionProfile command shows you the network location of all network interfaces

Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceAlias Ethernet -NetworkCategory Private will sett Ethernet to private

Change it and check if you can connect and administer server with steps in my first post. If the winrm service is running just run second command with server name and check if it works.

You will need to add server to rsat tools all servers and from there manage it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    (This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread).

• Edited by Nedim Mehic Tuesday, April 04, 2017 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, April 04, 2017 11:20 AM