none
why can't I download Intenet Explorer 11 to my windows 7 Pofessioanl (32 bit) Lenovo X200 Thinkpad? RRS feed

• Question

• I have tied numeous times to download Internet Explorer 11, a recommended bowse update, for my Thinkpad X200, which is running Windows 7 Pofessional (32 bit). I have already downloaded the requisite service packs. But all attempts to download IE11 ae failures. Any suggestions?  I can't be the only one to experience this...
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 4:20 AM

All replies

• all attempts to download IE11 ae failures.

What are the symptoms exactly?  What version of IE do you have now?  E.g. one explanation for a failure would be that you already have IE11 at some level of maintenance and that what you would be downloading would be IE11 at a base level (no maintenance).  Then you would be told that it did not apply to your system.

Otherwise, you could probably find that IE11 is offered to W7 as an update via Windows Update and then get it that way more efficiently.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Have you got any error messages when you downloaded IE11?

I suggest that you can try to install the Internet Explorer 11 manually:

Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx

You could click "Change System" button to get the proper version which applied to your computer.

If it still fail to be installed, you need to troubleshoot it.

When you try to install Windows Internet Explorer 11, the installation may fail and generate an error message. This can occur for various reasons. To resolve common installation issues, try one or more of the following troubleshooting methods.

Troubleshooting a failed installation of Internet Explorer 11

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2872074/troubleshooting-a-failed-installation-of-internet-explorer-11

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 14, 2017 4:36 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:48 AM