How to get add-ins with a company 2016 outlook account? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a company 2016 outlook account and I want to get add-ins. When I go to manage my add-ins, I can click on the plus (+) button but then it only gives me the option to add with a URL or file. Is there a way to get the URL or file of an add-in? Like Quick Polls, Trello, or Find Time?

I also do not have access to the Microsoft store on my email. Any ideas?

Thank You!

Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using an Outlook 365 client?

When you click on plus (+) button, you should see the option "Add from the Office Store" or "Find more add-ins for Outlook at the Offcie Store", you can get add-ins by click them directly from Office Store. 

If you can't see Office Store, you need to use an alternative installation method such as add with a URL or file. It is suggested to consult these add-ins provider for more information(URL or file). For your reference: Install FindTime.

In addition, you can also contact your organization admin to see if he can add Add-ins for you.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 10, 2020 7:08 AM
  • I have Microsoft Outlook 2016 client. 

When I click the (+) button I do not see "Add from the Office Store" or "Find more add-ins for Outlook at the Offcie Store"

I know I need to use an alternative installation method however, where do I find the URL of File for the add-in?

These add-ins say they are compatible with 2016 version, however, when I try to install from the site, I can only install for 365. So how do I install this add-in for Outlook 2016 client account with a File or URL?

Friday, January 10, 2020 6:12 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> These add-ins say they are compatible with 2016 version, however, when I try to install from the site, I can only install for 365.

Can you use this add-in for Office 365 in Outlook 2016?

>> I know I need to use an alternative installation method however, where do I find the URL of File for the add-in?

Since here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client but your question is more related to Add-ins, it is suggested to contact the add-ins provider for the File or URL of their products.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 13, 2020 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:45 AM