none
Problems with MS Project Standard 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Tasks are being assigned constraints automatically.  When I noticed this happening in a file, I cleared all constraints and saved the file.  After I revised some logic ties and added some tasks, I found constraints had been imposed on tasks again.  I've only seen this with milestone tasks to date.

    Has anyone experienced this problem?  It's very time-consuming to have to filter for tasks with constraints constantly and remove the constraint.

    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:58 PM

All replies

  • Hi Mike,

    I understand your frustation since you have to pend time correcting a non-expected behavior from Ms Project. Since I've never seen such an issue, can you send your file to guillaumeDOTrouyreATgcosiDOTcom (replace caps).

    You could also try to repair MS Project going to the control panel.

    Hope this helps.


    Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:10 PM
    Moderator
  • Mike --

    There is a Project Options setting that could be causing this behavior.  Try the following:

    1. Open the project in question.
    2. Click File > Options > Schedule.

    In the Scheduling Options for This Project section of the page, examine the Auto Scheduled Tasks Scheduled On option setting.  If the setting for this option is Current Date, then that is the source of your problem, and the option should be set to Project Start Date instead.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.


    Dale A. Howard [MVP]

    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:33 PM
    Moderator