none
Multiple "iexplorer.exe" and "iexplorer.exe *32" are running on my computer (?) RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 of iexplorer.exe and 3 of iexplorer.exe *32 that run on my computer on Windows 7.

Is this OK or what should I do about it?

Thanks for any help with this.

Larry

Larry

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are using IE8,9 or 10 you can update windows through Windows Update (Tools>Windows update menu in IE), this will install IE11 and its dependencies automatically.

If you are already using IE11 and your tasks manager is showing 5 iexplore processes running BUT you have no IE windows open, then you may have a misbehaving IE addon.

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, uncheck "Enable third party browser extensions". Close and restart IE for the full changes to take affect.

If you are already using IE11 and your tasks manager is showing one more iexplore process that the number of IE tabs/windows you have open this is normal.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, May 14, 2015 12:50 AM